Maui is one of those magical places where the sun is seemingly always shining, and the beaches are never-ending. And where there are beaches, there are beautiful cobalt waters waiting to be explored. Maui water sports such as surfing, kayaking, and sailing are some of the most popular ways to get on the water and experience everything Maui has to offer. Water activities are always close by when you stay in one of Epic Realty’s beautiful vacation rentals. We have oceanfront and oceanview properties perfect for accessing the best water sports on the island. Whether you want to spend the day surfing, kayaking, or sailing, we have compiled a list of the best spots in town:
The Best Surfing Spots
Surfing is synonymous with Maui water sports in Lahaina. Surfing is by far one of the most popular ways to experience the grandeur of the Pacific Ocean. Regardless if you are a beginner or a seasoned surfer, you can find some of the best surfing on the island in Lahaina.
- Breakwall: The Breakwall is a popular spot for beginners looking to surf in Maui. If you want a more advanced surfing spot, head across the boat channel to Lahaina Harbor instead.
- Puamana Beach Park: Puamana is a great beginner’s surf spot that is usually less crowded than the Breakwall.
- Kauaula Beach: This beach is commonly known as the “shark pit,” is the best spot for intermediate and advanced surfers. The waves here are often fast and powerful, guaranteeing a fun ride at the shark pit.
Kayaking at Lahaina Harbor
Lahaina Harbor, located downtown, is the best spot for kayaking since the shores here are protected and have constant calm waters. Rent a kayak from Maui Ocean Sports and explore the water on your own or join them for a guided excursion instead. Paddle through shallow water as you take in the breathtaking views of the West Maui Mountains. Make sure to keep an eye out for Hawaiian green sea turtles during your day on the water.
Sailing Charters in Lahaina
Sailing charters and boat tours are among some of the best ways to see the natural beauty of Maui. The charters offer intimate, family-friendly adventures on the water. Many of the excursions offer package deals where you can pair your sail with snorkeling, sunsets, or a dinner on the ocean.
- Scotch Mist Sailing Charters: Scotch Mist offers three unique sailing experiences, including the Morning Snorkel Sail, Adventure Sail, and Champagne Sunset Sail.
- Hula Girl: Unique sailing adventures await when you choose Hula Girl. Hula Girl offers snorkeling, whale watching, and sunset sails that you can pair with a delicious dinner from their full-service bar and restaurant.
- Sea Maui: Set sail with Sea Maui for a relaxing sunset tour or snorkeling adventure.
Escape to Maui with Epic Realty
When vacationing on the island, it is essential to participate in one of these water activities to experience the beauty of West Maui fully. Stay in one of our oceanfront properties at Epic Realty for easy access to Maui water sports. Our oceanfront condos offer spacious and comfortable lodging near some of the best activities in the area. Browse our complete list of vacation rental units and join us in Lahaina; the ocean is calling your name!
Keep In Touch
Join Our Newsletter:
Real Estate License #21010 | Broker Number #21047