Vacation Rentals: Policies
Rental Rules/ Contract
- CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. HST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. HST. NO Early Check-in or late check-out. If guest is still in room after check-out time there will be a charge equal to one nights rent plus tax.
- All units are NON-SMOKING. No smoking is allowed in the unit or on the patio/balcony. Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. Violations will result in fines.
- Pets are not permitted in rental units under any circumstances.
- DAMAGE/LOSS/DISTURBANCE POLICY – Each condo unit is individually owned and decorated. Please do not remove any furnishings, equipment or items from the unit. Guest will be solely liable for any additional costs, charges, expenses resulting from any damage, lost or stolen items or excessive check-out cleaning. Neither the Owner or Manager will be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Manager will use its best efforts to ensure that all equipment within the unit is in good working order, although neither Manager or Owner guarantees that any equipment will not break down during your stay, and therefore such a break down does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustments for any such mechanical failure. In the event of a break down, Manager will use its best efforts to remedy the situation as soon as possible after notification of the break down. Guest understands that there is no guaranty that properties adjacent to the unit will be free from disturbances, including but not limited to noise or inconvenience from construction, traffic or other guests or neighbors, and any such disturbance shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment. Guest also understands that Hawaii is located in a tropical climate and that insects, rodents and lizards flourish in this environment. Although Manager will use its best efforts to hold to a minimum your interaction with these pests during your stay, Guest understands that contact with pests does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to refund or rental adjustment. Any issue will be reported to Manager or Owner immediately. Guest understands that Manager and Owner shall have a reasonable amount of time to restore rental to acceptable conditions and any issues presented after check-out can not be remedied and shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
- DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A non-refundable damage waiver of $159.00 and a reservation deposit of 35% is required. The 35% deposit is due at time of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts and is applied to rent upon arrival.
No additional damage charges will be charged if:
- No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
- All keys are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked, and master key left in lockbox.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- No early check-in or late check-out.
- Parking passes are left inside the unit upon departure. (Depending on the particular resort.)
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security company employed by My Complex.
Payment is due in full if reservation is made within 60 days of stay. Otherwise 35% of rental amount is due upon receipt and the balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
A lockbox code will be given out after final payment is received.
If not paying by credit card, you may pay traveler’s checks, bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks in USD payable to:
Epic Realty LLC
Client Trust Fund
10 Hoohui Rd #202
Lahaina, HI 96761
The advance payment is a damage/security deposit until arrival. The payment is nonrefundable 59 days or less before arrival date. This secures your vacation rental in lieu of others wanting to vacation on or during the same time period. General Excise tax of 4.1666% and Transient Accommodation Tax of 10.25% and Maui County Transient Accommodation Tax (MCTAT as of 11/1/21) will be added for a total of 17.42% to the bills.
The maximum number of guests per condominium is limited to (4) in studio condos and (6) guests in a one bedroom condo, (6-8) in a two bedroom and (8) in a three bedroom according to the allowance by the State of Hawaii. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3), (5) or (7) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY depending on season.
Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is accepted for less than required limit of days, the guest will be charged the night rate.
Rates include a one-time linen-towel set-up. A starter supply of coffee, creamer, sugar, hand soap, trash bags, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner and laundry detergent. Additional supplies are the responsibility of the guest. No cleaning supplies are provided due to liability. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate. Parking is extra at certain resorts (see Parking Pass section below).
No Daily Maid Service
While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Daily maid service is available at an additional rate. Please contact Epic Realty at (808) 346-3136 for details.
Rates subject to change without notice, but will not affect existing rental contracts.
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Parking passes are provided for many of our resorts.
Kuleana – Guests are to pick up parking passes at the security office. They will need your rental car information.
Royal Kahana – Guests pick up parking passes at the front desk. The fee is $15.00 plus tax per day.
Honua Kai – Guests are to pick up wristbands at the complex they are staying in (either Konea or Hokulani).
Kaanapali Shores – $9.95 per day parking fee. Guests are to pick up their parking pass at the front desk.
Papakea – All guests must check-in at the front desk upon arrival. There is a $17.00 per day resort fee that includes access to the facilities and parking.
Maui Eldorado – Maui Eldorado charges a one-time $60.00 key fee and a daily $18.00 parking/facility use fee payable directly to the resort at check-in.
The Whaler – The Whaler Homeowners Assoc charges a separate $25.00/day plus tax resort fee (which covers parking and resort amenities), payable at check in directly to the Front Desk. Outside and underground parking. Front desk is open 24/7, seven days a week.
Sands of Kahana – Check in at the front desk. There is a $75.00 plus tax desk fee that includes parking. Pay directly when checking in.
Guests must display parking pass on the dash or rear-view mirror at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter’s expense.
Guests must leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure or return it to the front desk (please follow instructions provided upon check-in). If you are unsure where to leave your parking pass, please contact Epic Realty at (808) 346-3136 or contact the front desk at the resort.
There is a $50 fee to replace lost parking permits.
Hurricane, Storm or Natural Disaster Policy
No refunds will be given. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
We recommend you purchase travel insurance in case of an emergency.
Excessive cleaning of the unit will incur a minimum fee of $50/hr (one hour minimum). Damages made to the unit will incur a minimum of $60/hr (one hour minimum) to cover the cost to fix, and replace, plus the cost of the replacement of any materials. Should there be damage that requires a professional that charges more per hour (i.e., plumbing, contractor), market rate hourly charges will be applied. Lost parking permits cost $100, and beach towels not returned are $50/ea. A damage waiver of $159.00 is required with each booking. The damage waiver is non-refundable but will be applied towards any damages made to the unit.
Your check-in instructions with either a key code or key release information will be provided to you prior to your arrival. It is your responsibility to bring this information with you. In the event a guest is locked out of the unit during the rental period, the guest may borrow a key by coming to the office. After business hours, the guest must call (808) 346-3136 for assistance and an agent will meet the guest at the unit. There will be a $50 charge for this service and this fee is due at the time service is rendered. There will be a $50 charge for lost keys.
Lost and Found Items
We are not responsible for lost items. A $35 handling fee plus postage will be assessed for all lost and found items that have been recovered and returned to the guest.
Owner reserves the right to cancel any reservation with no less than a (90) day notice for any reason and return of entire deposit will be given. Owner/Manager has the right to cancel reservation if any maintenance issue beyond owner/managers control that would take away from the guest’s enjoyable stay or be deemed unsafe. Immediate notice will be given to the guest and all efforts will be made to relocate guests into other accommodations owned or managed by Epic Realty LLC or full refund made.
All bookings are final. Upon booking and signing our agreement, you are acknowledging that you are aware and understand that all bookings are final, and no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
Monthly Reservation Cancellations
Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.